Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

One Pot Lemon-Rosemary Chicken

I've been looking for low calorie, clean(er) eating dishes to make for dinner.  Dinner is my favorite meal, mostly because I'm always starving by dinnertime, but also because I like to spend time after work having conversation with others over a meal. 

Working in college athletics, so many of my friends are super healthy, and I love this about them.  My friends are inspiring.  But because they are healthy, I'm not going to get them to dinner at my house with chicken nuggets and fries (well actually, Cody did say Trader Joe's chicken nuggets was going to be his dinner tonight)...

Anyways, I invited my friend Cody over for dinner who I often tease about blending chicken into his daily protein shakes.  (Note: he doesn't actually blend chicken in his shakes, well so he says). That's not the point though.  Because Cody is pretty darn food conscious, I figured I'd try out this lemon chicken recipe.

I must say, this recipe was very good. The chicken was flavorful and for a lack of a better term (and I apologize now for those who might cringe at the word) moist. The rosemary, which is one of my favorite herbs, compliments the citrus from the lemon and pairs nicely with the tender potatoes.  This dish was incredibly simple and easy on the wallet.

Recipe link: 
http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2011/10/lemon-rosemary-chicken-and-a-winner.html. 



For a side, on my cast iron skillet, I grilled up some fresh asparagus with a little olive oil and salt.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight, followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious!!! The chicken was very moist as described, perfecto!

    ReplyDelete