Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Truffles on the Menu



My mom sent me a link to this website where she found these delicious looking chocolate truffles. When I went to visit the website I was amazed by how easy it is to make these bite-size balls of goodness (and yes, I just said that!). But how else can you describe this tiny chocolaty treats that are packed with richness?

These are Brigadeiros: "the gooey, chocolatey, caramel-y Brazilian candy treat"

I decided to try this recipe out for dinner at my mother-in-law's tonight, since family is visiting from out of town. (Mom, I will be sure to bring you some the next time I visit, and again, thanks for sending me this link) From start to finish these treats probably took under an hour to make, you could tack on more time for the refrigeration process, but I was able to get other stuff done while these little guys chilled out :)

There are only 4 ingredients to this recipe. All you need to do is to combine 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup Dutch process cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons butter. Heat this over medium heat and stir until the chocolate mixture is at a thick consistency. From there, all you have to do is pour the mixture into a square dish, refrigerate for an hour or so, and then roll the chocolate into 1 in. balls. Let them take a dip into a pool of sprinkles (whatever kind you like) until fully covered and then you are done!

That was my quick version of this recipe, but to view the actual one, with pictures and all, click on the link I have provided.

I highly recommend this small dessert for any kind of get-together. They have a fun yet sophisticated look, they are rich in flavor, and they sound expensive! Brigadeiro, they are a truffle after all.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget your promise...I'm waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana! I voted for your bridesmaid movie inspired cake like 5 times, but I think somehow it knew it was me and only counted me once, lol! I wish I lived closer so I could be your professional taste tester!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete